Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

[HELDERKRUIN] – Woman hospitalised following residence fire.

A woman suffered mild smoke inhalation early this morning following a fire at her residence on Newart Street in Helderkruin, Roodepoort.

ER24 paramedics arrived on the scene at 03h26 to find the home well alight.

Medics and local security members quickly inspected the home and found a woman trapped inside the bedroom.

ER24 Rescue Medics were called to the scene to assist in the rescue.

On scene, Rescue medics had to utilise various rescue tools to cut away at the burglar bars covering the bedroom window. Once a small hole had been cut away, medics were able to extricate the woman before the room became engulfed in flames.

Unfortunately, medics were unable to free the homeowner’s dog from the home.

The woman was assessed and found to have suffered mild smoke inhalation. The patient was treated and thereafter transported to Helen Joseph Hospital for further care.

The details surrounding this incident are not yet known but local authorities were on the scene for further investigations.