Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

[IKAGENG] – Man declared dead after electrocution.

This afternoon, a man was declared dead after he was electrocuted along a dirt road in Ikageng, Potchefstroom.
ER24 and the Provincial Fire Services arrived at 13h25 to find an electrical box on a pole well alight. A man was found lying motionless beneath the pole.
The Provincial Fire Services had to extinguish the fire before paramedics could assess the patient.
On closer inspection, medics found that the man had already succumbed to his numerous injuries. Nothing could be done for him, and he was declared dead.
It is understood that the man had been working on the electrical box when he was electrocuted.
Local authorities were on the scene for further investigations.